Feb 19, 2013

Crazy NBA Trade Rumors



So the Celtics have been linked to about 1000 trade rumors this weekend and lets sift through all of them even though none of it will happen.

1st. KG for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan.

I originally said when the Bledsoe deal popped up that the Celtics would need DeAndre Jordan for me to consider this deal. And now that they apparently have, I'm getting cold feet. Jordan is an incredible defensive Center that can definitely be a shot blocking force and super athletic, but he shoots like 45% from the line and a lot of the time has to sit in the 4th quarter. So we would have a budding star in Bledsoe and a C we can't play for 40 minute a game, for a guy who changed the whole culture in Boston. Still not sue I would do it.

2. Dwight Howard for Rajon Rondo.

No Brainer right? Well the only thing about this that makes me hesitant is the Howard circus he brings to everything. Will he stay or will he go? Does he care about winning or does he care about his brand? Rondo currently has one of the best contracts in the game and if we give that up for Howard and he leaves that would be awful. However, if this was real, I couldn't blame Danny in hopes Howard sticks around.

3rd. Bass and Green for Josh Smith.

This is a no brainer as well. I have also heard that Pierce would need to be involved, but I want to stick with the original rumors. I love what Jeff Green has become over the past month and think that he is starting to live up to his contract. I would have no idea why the Hawks would do this, they aren't gaining a ton of talent and certainly not helping their cap situation. But if Danny Ferry wants to, why not walk with it.

So that would leave us with a line up of:

Bledsoe, Bradley, Pierce, Josh Smith, Dwight Howard and Jordan, Terry, Lee off the bench.

I could fuck with that.

But none of this will happen because the NBA and their rumor mill is the most untrustworthy thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment