Feb 8, 2013

Felix Hernandez Gets Paid


Felix Hernandez agreed to a five-year, $135.5 million contract extension Thursday with the Seattle Mariners, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

Felix Hernandez is my favorite pitcher and has been forever, I have always dreamed of him being on the Red Sox, but you have to appreciate his loyalty to the team that drafted him. I can't believe that he is actually stoked to stay in Seattle and not testing the waters, because some team would probably pay him more. Seattle doesn't have a ton going for them on the offensive end, although they do have some younger players who potentially could be impactful.

I know they moved the fences in and traded for Michael Morse, but I think it will be a while before this team turns into an offensive juggernaut. But I like that Felix is decided to pull a KG and stick through the bad times to be a legend in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment