Feb 11, 2013

Felix Hernandez Deal Held Up Do To Elbow


As the Seattle Mariners have been in discussions with Felix Hernandez about a record-setting extension, concern has developed over the condition of his pitching elbow, a source says.

The team and its franchise player had talked about a framework of a deal that would pay $175 million over the next seven seasons.ESPN

Man, these physicals are potentially costing a ton of people a ton of money. At first it sounded like this elbow thing wasn't a big deal and more like CC Sabathia's shoulder thing, but it may seem a little bit more seious than that. I would hate this because I love Felix and he is my favorite pitcher in the MLB. I don't know what exactly they found in his elbow, but teams should be as cautious as possible if they are about to dole out 175 million dollars.

Felix will be fine, I have no questions about that, but whether he needs Tommy john or something like that will be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment