May 10, 2013

I Love Dan Snyders Take On The Redskins Team Name So Much



"We'll never change the name," Snyder told USA Today. "It's that simple. NEVER -- you can use caps."

I love it. Basically he said, "Hey, whatever guys, we have been racist this long, why the fuck would we stop now, all of you can go to hell" I'm not Native American so I honestly could care less if the Redskins keep their team name or not. I think it's kind of funny that a team has gotten away with it this long that, I definitely root for them to keep their name. From a uniform perspective, the mascot and logo really tie it together so I'm with Dan Snyder 100% on this.

People always say to me, "how would you like it if the Redskins were called the Washington Honkies or the Washington Blackies?" A couple things 1. I would absolutely love it if a team was called either of those things, imagine if the logo possibilities with those names, some fat white guy with a torn up wife beater drinking a beer watching NASCAR or just a picture of Charles Ramsey. 2. We all know by now that Indians were a made up thing.

Everyone should lay off the Redskins and just let them be the most popular team in Chocolate City (which nobody seems to have a problem calling D.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment