Feb 5, 2013

I Just Don't Want To Trade Anyone


Kevin Garnett will not waive no trade unless Pierce is dealt, and then only to LA. Lives in Malibu.

That just came from KG and as the deadline approaches, I really don't want the Celtics to blow it up. I would rather let Doc coach and see what he can do with this team then have the Celtics ship KG and Pierce. In the NBA "blowing it up" doesn't make it a guarantee the Celtics will be able to bounce back in 3-4 years. I mean look at the Kings, there is no way that team should be as bad as it is and if they ever get their shit together, they won't be able to afford all of those players. Their are only so many Oklahoma Thunder stories out there. So what I am trying to say is keep this squad together and remain competitive instead of shooting for Cody Zeller.

Kevin Garnett is going to cost a lot more than Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe, not only is he a defensive anchor and one of the best mid range jumpers in the game, he changed the WHOLE culture when he came to Boston. That means a lot. Also, he is still really good, he is starting the All Star game and is one of the best teammates you can have. I mentioned DeAndre Jordan yesterday when I was saying what it would take for KG, and a commenter pointed out correctly that as much a Jordan is a great shot blocker and defensive minded center, he NEVER plays in the 4th quarter due to his 42% free throw line. Bledsoe is a nice piece, but Jordan wouldn't be on the court in the 4th, we don't need that.

Now Paul Pierce. I have had a roller coaster ride with Paul during his career. At one point I despised him, he was selfish, immature, and so on, I seriously wanted to trade him for a first round pick and Kareem Rush. However the Captain proved me wrong the 24 win season actually, he started passing and being a team player, then once Judas and KG came to town he turned into a great teammate that looked to incorporate everyone.

I think this group even without Rondo and Sully, is special and can win. The scary thing is Paul and KG can't miss any time and are going to have to play 35ish minutes a game.

I love this team and I believed Doc when he said we aren't dead yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment