Feb 12, 2013

Buchholz Already Hurt


John Farrell announced that starting pitcher Clay Buchholz suffered a right hamstring strain bending over to pick up a ball during the first day of pitchers fielding drill. Ahhh, you got to love baseball. The only sport you could get hurt cleaning up after practice.

I am sure this won't be a big thing, but it just got me thinking about Buchholz. I keep hearing "well if Buchholz and Lester are good, the Red Sox could surprise people". I get that statement, but what hope is there that Buchholz is going to be good? I mean he had 1 good season 3 years ago, and that's about it. I feel like he is just a newer version of Dice-K. Lester I can see, since he has more of a track record, but my faith in Buchholz has really wavered. He has the stuff to have some incredible games, but he also gets hurt all the time and is just as capable of getting lit up as he is throwing a gem.

The Red Sox need some constancy from their pitchers, and I'm just not sure where they are going to get it from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment