Jan 30, 2013

NHL Killing Itself Again


The NHL just loves tripping over itself....

"The former union head didn't shy away from specifics -- adding expansion could take place, in his belief, in the next two or three years. "Most likely" to Quebec City and Toronto (ESPN)."

That former union head is Paul Kelly, in case you were wondering.

Listen, I get the NHL makes more money with more teams, but this makes zero sense for two reasons. One you are water down a talent pool, which in my opinion is already been diluted too far.  Second is that I believe the NHL has serious structural problems because they have small market teams that shouldn't exist.

Don't get me wrong I want Quebec to have a team, but there is no reason why they can't move teams that shouldn't exist in the first place (Florida Panthers, Phoenix Coyotes, Nashville Predators, ect). If they add more teams to this mess it does nothing, but hurt a sport that really can't take too much more of a beat. I get the fact that you can't get rid of teams, as owners and players would never want that, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T EXPAND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment