May 7, 2013

Twins @ Red Sox Preview


The Twins suck. They really do. There isn't much I like about their team, I hate the way they wait forever for their prospects to get to the majors, I'm sick of their endless supply of shitty pitchers.

Sorry, it's just I used to kind of like/respect the Twins and I just don't anymore.

A guy I am gaining respect for is Ryan Dempster. I'll be honest when the Red Sox got him I was not excited at all. He got lit up in the AL last year, he isn't young, and really there was just not much to think he was anything better than a 4/5 starter. Yet, he really has settled in nicely in the middle of the Red Sox rotation. Sure, he is no #1 starter, but he is right where he should be, a #3. Dempster is 2-2 with a 3.00 ERA, and has 47 Ks in 36 innings. He has allowed two or fewer earned runs in four of his last five starts. He hasn't been good against the Twins in his career (2-1 6.16 ERA), but was 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA against them last year.

Going against him Scott Diamond. He has had a nice start to the season (2-2 with a 3.97 ERA), but he is yet another shitty Twins pitcher. The Red Sox should light him up, and Dempster should be able to easily control this crappy Twins lineup.

Red Sox win 12-3
Player of the Game: Dempster/Pedroia
Game starts at 7:10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment