May 1, 2013

Celtics @ Knicks Game 5 Preview


So we are once again at that emotional game where it could be the Celtics last. Paul Pierce's contract next year is non guaranteed, and you never know when KG could walk away (I think both will be back). Yet, the Celtics have always been a tough out.

The Knicks won the first three games of this series, holding the Celtics to 75 ppg. In game 3 the Celtics scored 54 points in the first half and led by 20 early in the third quarter before they once again hit the offensive wall, and they were limited to just 30 points in the third and fourth quarters.

There is a ton of things going against the Celtics in this game. As I just stated their offense overall has been horrid. They have to go to NY, and JR Smith is back.

I am sure everyone and their mother are expecting this series to be over tonight. What have I learned from being a Celtics fan? Never count out Pierce and KG. I know there isn't much reason for hope, and the Knicks are favored by 8, but I still the Celtics win tonight.

Celtics win 94-92 (OT)
Tommy Award: KG
Game starts at 7:05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment