Apr 26, 2013

NFL Draft Recap: Picks I Love, Picks I Hate and The Legend Of E.J. Manuel



Picks I Love:
Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones LB Georgia: It's great that the Steelers drafted the next HOF LB at 17. If it weren't for a couple of health issues, Jones would be a top 10 pick easily, but since a couple of red flags popped up he fell to 17. Jones can be put in immediately for James Harrison without much drop off. He is a tenacious pass rusher, and led the SEC in sacks and tackles for loss. With an always aggressive Pittsburgh defense he fits the mold perfectly.

St. Louis Rams: Tavon Austin, No. 8; Alec Ogletree, No. 30. The 2 players I cared the most about in the draft were Tavon Austin and EJ Manuel. The Rams go out and get the most explosive player in college football in Austin. Sam Bradford will absolutely adore him as he will open up the field and give him a ton of options on plays and Ogletree is an extremely good value pick for 30. The Rams have a good D Line so Ogletree can probably play this year and be effective.

Buffalo Bills: E.J. Manuel QB FSU: Have I not told you guys about this? I told you here all the way back in 2008, and here, and here, and here that E.J. Manual was the best and nobody listened. Well what do you know, once again with college football I am on target. They should start having me be lead recruiters for schools because I have a great eye for talent. Many "experts" say this was a little bit of a reach, but it was perfect. It was obvious to me and the Bills that E.J. Manuel was the best QB in the draft so they took him. I am a big fan of drafting who you like especially if it's a QB and that's what the Bills did. E.J. has all the physical tools, size, mobility and leadership qualities and I'll go out on a limb that he will win a Superbowl before Andrew Luck. Great pick by Bills.

New England Patriots: They shipped the team's first-round draft choice (29th overall) to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for second-, third-, fourth-, and seventh-round draft choices. I think that's absurd value and with WR's dropping they still will have a shot at some good players in the second round, guys like Tank Caaradine, Robert Alfort, Manti Te'o, Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, Jonathan Cyprian, Kevin Minter and Keenan Allen are still all left and should be around when the Pats pick again. I think thats enough picks to have got like the 15th pick, so for them to get that much for the 29th is pretty good.

Moves I hate:
NY Jets: Shelden Richardson pick. I loved the Dee Milliner pick, they grabbed the best CB in the draft completely, but I maybe would have gone with Tyler Eifert. Eifert I think could be the next awesome tight end and would really help out a struggling Jets offense, but I guess whatevs. I could also say the same thing about the Chicago Bears as well.

That's it.

Sucks for Geno Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment