Feb 14, 2013

Rose Needs To Be Smarter


"I really don't know," he said. "I'm feeling good, but like I said, if it's where it's taking me a long time and I'm still not feeling right, I don't mind missing this year."

I get that this is probably how the Bulls are talking behind closed doors. They are looking at the long term ramifications, and maybe it is best if he sits out, but no fan wants to hear that. No fan wants to hear that you are healthy enough to play, but you aren't going to even with a playoff caliber team. "I don't mind missing the year" has to be one of the worst statements I have ever heard from a star player. Could you imagine if LeBron said that? Or Kobe? People would eat them alive.

Like I said, I get what he is saying, but you got to be able to play the PR game and this statement is just foolish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment