Feb 14, 2013

Kevin Garnett Hints At Retirement



Kevin Garnett said last night that his 14th All-Star Game appearance on Sunday in Houston will also be his last, though the Celtics forward stopped short of saying he was retiring at the end of the season.
Garnett, realizing he had just set off an alarm, then turned cryptic. He has two years remaining on his contract.
“This is definitely my last All-Star Game,” he said. “Ya’ll don’t know what I know. I’m more than grateful, and I’m not going to act like I have more All-Star Games in me. I’ll enjoy this one with friends and family. That’s what I meant.”

Sure he doesn't come out and say that he's retiring, but this will be my last All Star game means something. He knows, I know, we all know that the Celtics great run led by KG and Paul Pierce has to come to an end soon, right? I mean this is year 7 of a 3 year plan with these guys. I love KG, when he came here, I was the happiest person in the world. I still can't hear the Time after Time song without getting this awesome feeling (I think thats the song name). He has changed the whole culture surrounding Boston basketball, put them back on the map, took us from a 24 win team to 2 NBA finals appearances and making noise in the playoffs every year. When he retires we will no longer have the, "well KG will whip that guy into shape mentality".

I don't know what the Celtics will do, I can hope they let the band stick together, but I know Danny is forever dealing. I want to see KG and Paul Pierce retire as Celtics, I want to see them win another one, but it's not that easy with the superpower Heat and others.

Either way, I have thoroughly enjoyed this run and will never forget the loyalty, heart and the way he always put his teammates first.

No comments:

Post a Comment