Jan 30, 2013

Everyone Needs To Chill Out With Off The Field Stuff For Every Sport


It really has been bothering me a lot between the Ravens and the steroid users in the MLB that people are judging these athletes so harshly. Newsflash, throughout history of sports players have always been dickheads. In Boston we have had some of the biggest dickheads in the game if you want take Ted Williams, Larry Bird all the way until now where we have the biggest villain in the NBA in KG or pr1madonna Tim Thomas.

People need to start separating the athlete from the person. Because if you continuously look up to the person you will be let down constantly. A majority of these guys cheat, do drugs, own some type of gun and are rough around the edges. We all shouldn't be blind to the fact that it happens, a lot of these athletes come from nothing and are blessed with physical talents and then when they get money don't know how to handle and do stupid things. I would do the same thing most likely, I would hope with me it would be more financial issues than breaking the law but who knows.

So when I hear the whole shit about Ray Lewis and how he was involved in a murder or whatever, I don't care. What I care about is the product on the field, because sports is entertainment and yes we get obsessed with it. But to judge people based on their off field transgressions is a little asinine.

For me, I would be more apt to judge a player if his actions are detrimental to a team and hurt the team. That's why I go so hard after Tim Thomas or A-Rod who make themselves bigger than the team or the game. I think that is the lamest thing in the world.

I don't know, I am rambling right now, but hopefully you get my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment