Jan 28, 2013

Ed Reed To Patriots?


"I can see Reed playing for the New England Patriots for two reasons: the Patriots need a playmaker in the back end of the defense after giving up the most passes over 20 yards in the NFL this season and coach Bill Belichick loves Reed. It's a full-blown man crush. A couple of years ago, Tom Brady joked that Belichick wanted to adopt Ed Reed and change his name to 'Ed Belichick.'"

"I think if Ed Reed becomes a free agent, he ought to last about 48 hours on the street," Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes Monday. "And as I said on NBC Sunday night, my money's on the Patriots and the president of the Ed Reed Fan Club, Massachusetts Chapter, Bill Belichick."





Hard not to like the idea of Ed Reed on the Patriots, but I just can't picture him wearing a different uniform. I actually didn't know that Belichick was such a big fan, but we have seen his man crushes backfire before (Ochocino). Still, any help in the defensive backfield would be a welcome site, and Ed Reed certainly knows what it takes to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment