Jan 31, 2013

Bruins Bench Chris Bourque


I knew it was coming, because he hadn't recorded a point, and is -4, so today's news didn't surprise me at all...

"After a challenging start to his Bruins career, Chris Bourque will be made a healthy scratch Thursday night against the Sabres, Claude Julien confirmed after the team’s morning skate."

Julien said that he is putting way too much pressure on himself, and isn't playing like the player he knows. He hopes that a couple games off will get Bourque to take the pressure off himself.

Honestly, I don't think Bourque is very good. He is small, and although he can skate I have never really seen him be anything more then a fringe pro/minor player. I root for him because of his dad, and I hope he can turn it around, but eventually I think Caron will take his spot (for now it's Lane MacDermid).

No comments:

Post a Comment