Feb 11, 2013

Red Sox Giving Toradol Shots To Papelbon


"Former Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon, who was with the team from 2005-11, said Saturday that he and numerous other Red Sox players were regularly injected with Toradol, a legal anti-inflammatory drug whose use has become increasingly controversial in sports (ESPN)."

This story is on all the major networks. I don't pretend to know a lot about all these different drugs, but from the sound of this I don't understand why it's a story. I would think all pitchers would be taking anti-inflammatory drugs to keep their arms from getting sore. I feel like this is a story because of the Schilling story last week, and it's just another thing to shit on the Red Sox for.

Maybe when I learn more about this I will find out why it's a big deal, but even Papelbon said this is used on a ton of teams, and in a bunch of sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment