Feb 6, 2013

Ortiz STILL Not Healthy


Talking by phone from the Dominican Republic, David Ortiz said he remains encouraged regarding his progress in coming back from an injured right Achilles tendon, but he admits he most likely will have to be cautious during the initial portion of spring training.

“I’m not completely recovered, but I’m going to be ready to go for Opening Day,” Ortiz told WEEI.com early Wednesday morning.

Well that doesn't make me feel very good. I mean this guy has been hurt since July, it's fucking February and he still isn't 100%... Awesome.  He has only been able to do some "small running", so what happens when he hits his first double off the wall and chugs into second base? I'd say there is a damn good chance he aggravates it.

Really not a good sign for a 37 year old that now has a two year deal for a good amount of money. Hopefully this works out, and is nothing more than a concern, but I it's just been so long, and for it to STILL not be 100% makes me think it'll never be.

No comments:

Post a Comment