Feb 27, 2013

Just When I Thought I Couldn't Love Tom Brady Any More Than I Already Do...


"I really do just want to win, and that has and will continue to be the reason that motivates me and is the biggest factor in my decision-making process," he wrote in an email to WEEI host John Dennis, who was hoping to get Brady to call into Wednesday morning's show.

"I don t want to talk about this on the radio or anywhere else for that matter," Brady wrote, according to WEEI. "Athletes are always talking about money at a time when everyone else is struggling so badly to make it. We all make way more than our fair share. And I just think it reflects poorly on myself and my teammates."

Sometimes I wonder if Brady has a publicist who coaches him on the exact right things to say when he's in the public eye, because I don't think any athelete could have played this situation any better than he has in terms of gaining the admiration and respect of the fans. He reiterates his commitment to winning, shows humility by saying he doesn't want to discuss it any further and even makes a down to earth statement that shows that he has some real world perspective on his situation. I really hope he gets another ring(s) in the next 5 seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment