Feb 6, 2013

Garnett Says "No Thanks" To Nuggets Trade


Boy, this is getting old fast. First off, KG came out and said "I bleed green, I die green, that's what it is, but it is a business though, and when it crossed paths with it, I'll deal with it."

So it's obvious his preference is not to go anywhere. He left the door open a little bit by basically saying if the Celtics were to "blow it up" (ie trade Pierce) then he would be open to being dealt (rumor is only to LA). That is totally understandable as the Celtics focus then would obviously not be winning over the length of his contract, and he should have the right to chase a Championship.

That being said, I am still on the same boat as DP on this. There is really no reason to "blow it up" unless you get a deal you can't turn down, which I just can't see them getting. Every contender would love to have KG, but the cost has to be right as he is very old, and a very short term solution. Plus, the Celtics have everyone coming back next year, so it's not like it's totally do or die this year. Yes, they would just yet another year older, but that was the plan from the start and I don't see why that has to change right now.

The Nuggets to me just don't make any sense at all. Not that they don't have nice young pieces, but because they play a very run and gun style of offense that KG would really have a hard time keeping up with (in my opinion).

Thankfully the trade deadline is only 15 days away, so just two more weeks of this nonsense, before we can all move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment